Thursday, October 26, 2006

Choose Figure-Firming Foods

Our bride-to-be, Erikka, talks about the benefits of following a healthy eating plan during her wedding-day countdown.

Eating right is just as important as exercising. I've learned the hard way about nutrition. I am constantly on the go, driving from place to place. In the past I would often pick up fast food if I needed a quick meal. This was always a bad choice due to high calories and fat. Plus I never felt quite right after eating junk... I guess it's true: You are what you eat.

This semester I'm taking a fantastic nutrition class (talk about perfect timing). I am required to record the food and amount I eat for an entire day. From there, I visit the website MyPyramid.org and enter my food intake that I had recorded. Out of the six food groups, I discovered that I only fulfilled one area. It was obvious that needed to change my lifestyle if I wanted to lose weight and feel great. I discovered that I was barely eating anything in the fruit and vegetable category! Now I make sure that I have a piece of fruit with every meal (by the way, a balanced meal consists of one low-fat protein and one healthy carb).

Every day I eat five small meals, one meal every three hours. I can't believe how easy it is. A portion of grilled chicken, a grapefruit, and a tall glass of ice-cold water is my favorite!

Here’s a great tip from nutrition class: Choose colorful fruits and veggies. Bright colors mean that the food is packed with nutrients. (Too bad this rule doesn’t apply to desserts!)
Stay tuned for more of Erikka’s pre-wedding health and fitness thoughts…

To get a ton of great tips on how to eat right, manage stress, sleep away pounds, and sculpt a beautiful body, go to WeddingShape.com and sign up for WeddingShape Diet and Fitness Secrets Newsletter . (It's FREE!)

No comments: